Decorating with Doors
Dramatically improve the look of every room in your home with custom fit interior doors.
JELD-WEN has developed an efficient and reliable system of measuring, manufacturing and installing custom-made interior doors without incurring the custom costs. 3-D measurements of your existing door frames are gathered and sent electronically to the manufacturing plant. Then the doors of your choice are custom made to fit perfectly into your existing opening.
All preparation, including painting the new doors, is done prior to shipping to your home. Your old doors are even hauled away. What you'll experience is a quick, easy, hassle-free installation and an updated look in every room.
More Aesthetically Appealing
The whole feeling of a room can change based on the interior doors you choose. Open up the sense of space within a room with a mirror door. Add charm and organization to an office, kitchen, child's bedroom or mudroom with a Magnetic Chalkboard door. Or add natural light with glass panel or French doors. And remember those closet doors, bifold doors and pocket doors to complete your transformation.
- Bypass Doors — Also known as sliding doors, these doors have two or more segments that can slide past each other. Bypass doors are typically designed to be used in closets, but can also be used to divide rooms.
- Bifold Doors — These doors are often used to cover a broad space where a straight door's swing would be too wide. These interior doors combine the actions of both hinged and sliding doors.
- Pocket Door — This is a sliding door that disappears into the wall when not in use. It's perfect for places where there's no space for a door to swing, such as a bathroom. Pocket doors are also desirable for smaller homes, due to space savings.
There are hundreds of designs in a variety of material types, with hardware options and glass inserts to create a package that is uniquely yours. Here are a few of the styles of interior door styles from which to choose:
- Flush wood composite
- Molded wood composite
- Custom Carved (MDF) wood composite
- Wood stile and rail with or without glass inserts
Interior Noise Reduction
Adding insulated glass windows and patio doors helps reduce sound transmission to make your home quieter. There are even options for high-noise areas such as near airports or highways.
ProCore The Quiet Door® solid core construction is available with most JELD-WEN® Molded and Flush doors (not available with Impression Mirror or Magnetic Chalkboard). This solid core reduces the transmission of sound by up to 50% when compared to a hollow flush door. In addition, this option improves the heft of the door and helps prevent the dings and dents of daily life.
The information contained on this page is provided solely for general informational and/or educational purposes, and may not be applicable to all products, applications, climates, and other factors. Please consult with your licensed contractor, architect, dealer or local building code official for information relevant to your geographic region and project. JELD-WEN makes no representation or warranty that this information is applicable for your circumstances. JELD-WEN disclaims all liability associated with the use or transfer of this information.