Steel Entry Doors combine the durability of steel with the beauty of decorative glass options
Provide easy access for your pets without sacrificing style. Unlike retrofitted pet doors of yesteryear,
JELD-WEN® factory-installed door systems provide an integrated solution for maximum style, convenience and reliability. And with a variety of options, styles and price ranges, you’re sure to find a solution for you and your pets.
Get started by reviewing the pet door options outlined on the tabs below.
JELD-WEN® Builders Vinyl Sliding Patio Doors with Pet Panel offer an ENERGY STAR® qualified door with a secure-closing pet screen, featuring an easy-to-operate WEN-Lock® system and a clear flap. The pet door flap stays closed via a magnetic pull that prevents it from being blown open by strong winds, and is flexible enough to allow for easy passage.
The rest of the sliding glass door system operates as a standard sliding patio door. These patio doors are easy to care for and reliable with JELD-WEN® lifetime glass breakage coverage. There are also ample design options to boost your home's character.
Tips for Proper Pet Door Measuring
Pet Panels are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate your pets: medium, large and extra-large. Custom sizes are also available.
- Be width wise. Measure the widest part of your pet (typically the chest) and make sure it is under the maximum width for the door you’ve selected.
- Watch those height restrictions. Measure your pet from the top of the shoulders to the bottom of the chest or belly (whichever is the tallest part). Add two inches to that measurement to determine if a pet can easily fit through.
- Rule of thumb: A 15-inch pet door height is typically suitable for a pet that weighs 15 pounds or less, (medium) and an 18-inch door typically works for a pet that weighs up to 40 pounds (large).
Begin your search by browsing our Builders Vinyl Patio Doors selection for inspiration. Find this product by asking for JELD-WEN® Vinyl Patio Doors with Pet Panels.
JELD-WEN® Steel and Fiberglass pre-hung entry doors with Pet Panel offer a weather-tight pet door, with easy access and a clear flap. The pet door flap stays closed via a magnetic pull that prevents it from being blown open by strong winds, and is flexible enough to allow for easy passage.
The entry doors are available as a six-panel, four-panel, or two-panel design; or with a half-view glass insert. Doors come primed and ready to paint, or as a prepainted option.
Tips for Proper Pet Door Measuring
Pet panels are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate your pets: medium, large and extra-large.
- Be width wise. Measure the widest part of your pet (typically the chest). Ideally, the maximum width of the pet would be 10 inches (excluding heavy fur) to fit through the largest available panel and flap opening.
- Watch those height restrictions. Measure your pet from the top of the shoulders to the bottom of the chest or belly (whichever is the tallest part) and add two inches. Ideally, the maximum height of the pet would be 16-1/2 inches (excluding heavy fur) to fit easily through the panel and flap opening.
- Rise to the occasion. It’s also important to consider the “rise.” That is, the height from the floor to the bottom of the pet door flap, which is the height your pet must step over to use the door. To account for this, measure the withers of the pet (from top of shoulders to the floor) to determine which rise is the right option. Typically, an 8-inch rise is recommended for shorter pets with a 24-1/2-inch maximum withers measurement, and a 10-1/2-inch rise typically works for taller pets with a 27-inch maximum withers. As a general rule of thumb, the shorter the rise the better. As pets age, they can develop mobility issues that make it more difficult to step over a higher rise.
The information contained on this page is provided solely for general informational and/or educational purposes, and may not be applicable to all products, applications, climates, and other factors. Please consult with your licensed contractor, architect, dealer or local building code official for information relevant to your geographic region and project. JELD-WEN makes no representation or warranty that this information is applicable for your circumstances. JELD-WEN disclaims all liability associated with the use or transfer of this information.