2017 JELD-WEN TRUCK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION. The 2017 JELD-WEN Truck Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is chance sweepstakes where a 24-month lease for a truck will be awarded to one winner based on a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The truck will be awarded by JELD-WEN, INC., 440 S. Church Street, Suite 400, Charlotte, NC 28202 (“JELD-WEN” or "Sponsor") as a prize; this Sweepstakes will be administrated by Creative Media Development, Inc., 1631 NW Thurman Street, Portland, OR 97209 (“CMD” or “Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to qualified builders (“Entrant(s)”) that: (a) are legal residents of one of 48 United States, residents of Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible to participate, and are at least 18 years of age at the start of the Sweepstakes Period; and (b) verify that she or he possesses a valid builder/contractor license that has been issued by a state, county or municipality within one of the 50 United States. Employees of dealers and other resellers of JELD-WEN products and Sponsor/Administrator and their contracted employees, immediate families, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and U.S. military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The “Sweepstakes Period” begins January 10, 2017 at 8:00:01 a.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") and ends March 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT.
- RANDOM DRAWING. One (1) winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depends on how many eligible entries are received.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. Sponsor will award a 24-month lease for a 2017 Ford F250 Platinum Series truck with a diesel engine. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $41,000 USD. Selected winning Entrant must enter into the lessor’s standard lease agreement and Entrant is responsible for all obligations under the lease except the payment of the 24-month lease fees paid up front by JELD-WEN. Selected winning Entrant acknowledges that JELD-WEN is not the lessor of the Vehicle and JELD-WEN is only paying for winning Entrant’s contractual right to lease the Vehicle directly from the Vehicle’s lessor. Prize is not transferable. No alternative prize, cash, or other substitution is permitted, except by the Sponsor in the event of prize unavailability. Specific truck features including color and options cannot be guaranteed and are subject to local dealer availability at the time the lease is negotiated. The vehicle will be available for delivery at a location specified by the Sponsor/Administrator within 200 miles of the winner’s work address. The Total Approximate retail Value of all prizes is $41,000 USD.
- VEHICLE AWARD CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including
income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and
Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded leased Vehicle. Except
where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's entry and acceptance of the leased Vehicle
constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements,
biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising
purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now
or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This
Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By
participating and accepting possession of the Leased Vehicle, Selected Entrant agrees to be fully
and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to
claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules.
The winning Entrant will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) a Publicity Release form, including proof of employment as a professional builder, remodeler, or architect, proof of holding a valid driver’s license, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within 7 days of acknowledged notification. In the absence of a signed release of liability and By taking possession of the Vehicle, the selected winning Entrant agrees to release, discharge and not commence any lawsuit or claim against JELD-WEN, Inc., its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents, based on any bodily injury, death or damage to property, arising out of the winning Entrant’s use or possession of the Vehicle.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. Potential winners will be required to respond to the Winner Notification email or a phone call within three (3) working days. The Sweepstakes winner will be required to execute and return a witnessed Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) a Publicity Release form. All required forms must be completed and returned within three (3) working days of receipt. Failure to return required forms in these time periods will result in such winner being disqualified and subsequent drawing held to pick an alternate. Any prize notification or prize returned to Sponsor or its fulfillment company as undeliverable for any reason will be forfeited, and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate. All Federal, state and local taxes are sole responsibility of winners. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, likeness and statements for publicity without additional compensation or limitation.
- DISQUALIFIED ENTRIES. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- RELEASE. Selected winning, or alternative winning, Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its partners and agencies (including but not limited to JELD-WEN, CMD and the NAHB International Builders Show), and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of the leased Vehicle, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the leased Vehicle, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the leased Vehicle, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the leased Vehicle or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of the leased Vehicle, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of North Carolina. By entering, you consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of North Carolina for the resolution of any and all disputes. Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall attorneys’ fees be awarded; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant herby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor's computer is the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor's or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law (as well as disqualifying such individual, if appropriate). Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. These Official Rules (or any other Sweepstakes materials) may not be published elsewhere without the express written consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason.
- WINNERS LIST. To request a copy of the winners list send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and print "JW TRUCK SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS LIST REQUEST" in the subject line. Requests must be received by May 31, 2017.