Anatomy of a Window
We offer a wide range of a window styles that lets you choose the size, shape and opening method for all your rooms.
- Awning – Awning windows are compatible with a variety of architectural styles. They are hinged at the top and open out from the bottom in an upward swing.
- Bay – A bay window consists of three individual units. The center unit is parallel to the exterior wall. The left- and right-side (flanking) units are aligned at 30- or 45-degree angles.
- Bow – Bow windows extend outward to create the illusion of a rounded (arched) wall. A bow window consists of four or more (commonly five) adjoining windows that are installed on a radius from the wall of the building.
- Casement – A casement window is hinged on the left or right side and opens outward in a swinging motion. Casements deliver the most unobstructed viewing areas and ventilation of any operating window.
- Double-Hung – A double-hung window is best suited to traditional architectural styles. Double-hung windows feature an upper and lower sash that slide vertically past each other in a single frame. Both sash tilt in for convenient cleaning.
- Fixed – Fixed (picture) windows are available in a wide variety of shapes, with either curved or straight frames. They can be used as freestanding units or in combination with other styles.
- Garden – With a garden window, you can add a little greenhouse to any room. This projecting, three-sided window includes one shelf, a glass top and single-hung window on each side for maximum air circulation.
- Single-Hung – A single-hung window features a stationary top sash and a bottom sash that slides upward vertically. Single-hung windows are available with a tilt or side-load removable sash for easy cleaning.
- Sliding – A sliding window has one stationary sash and one sash that moves to the right or left in grooves or on tracks. It may also be referred to as a roller or glider window.
- Tilt and Turn – Inspired by European trends, the Tilt and Turn window delivers the functionality of a casement window and the ventilation of a hopper window. You choose the operation you want.
View our Windows by Style
We combine high quality materials with a smart manufacturing process for durability and beauty.
- Aluminum – A lightweight and strong material that is a cost effective alternative to wood. This material is corrosion-resistant and performs well in most climates.
- Vinyl – A strong plastic material that is used for its durability, energy efficiency and ability to stand up to the elements. This material will never fade in color, flake, peel or rot.
- Wood – Wood comes from trees that grow in a variety of species, such as fir, pine, mahogany or alder. Each species has a range of characteristics, like grain, color and sap content, which contributes to its unique appearance.
- Clad-Wood - Like a coat of armor, cladding is a strong layer of metal on wood, providing extra protection and low maintenance benefits with no exterior painting required.
JELD-WEN offers you choices when looking for windows and doors. Keep in mind when you choose your product, the dollar sign is an indicator of the general price of a particular product. Dollar sign ratings do not necessarily reflect all the options or services that might be available for each product, and some options or services may not be available in every location or for every product with a particular dollar sign rating.
- $ – These products focus on the budget conscious. The products meet the basic requirements for your project, while offering moderate aesthetic enhancements.
- $$ – These products distinguish themselves with additional options, features and benefits. There is a noticeable upgrade in terms of customizability and selection.
- $$$ – These luxury products exhibit an exceptionally high degree of options, features and customizability. They can be a standard design or an original masterpiece that feature elegant options, exceptional craftsmanship and meticulous detail.
How It’s Built
From choosing the right materials to putting it all together, we put quality and reliability first.
- Frames – We build our window frames to last, with solid construction to ensure a tight seal for better energy efficiency. We also offer several different frame types for new home and replacement projects.
- Building Codes – These are published ordinances that will regulate many aspects of your project, such as design loads, opening widths and material selection. Our windows are designed and tested with these local building codes in mind.
- TegraTite® Installation – Streamline the installation process and improve energy efficiency with our exclusive TegraTite installation kit.
Style & Design
Change the way you see the world and how the world sees you, through windows that express your personality and design aesthetics.
- Design Styles – We know that distinctive homes deserve accuracy in every detail. From Art Deco to Victorian, we believe that windows are not just functional, but an essential part of enhancing the architectural style of your home.
- Choices for Your Entire Home – We offer a greater depth and breadth of window and door products than anyone else - from the outside to the inside of the home; that means you can create a unified look for your entire home.
- Divided Lites – Grilles on the exterior or interior side of a window or between the glass, create the illusion of separate window panes for an intriguing architectural element without sacrificing energy efficiency.
- Color Options – Enjoy an ample assortment of color choices that will add character to your home.
Energy and the Environment
At JELD-WEN, we put our concern for the environment into everything we do, so that energy savings and peace of mind are built right into your home.
- ENERGY STAR® – We have been an ENERGY STAR partner since 1998, and offer a wide variety of windows and doors that meet or exceed their standards.
- Green Building Initiative – We belong to the Green Building Initiative, which promotes credible and practical green building approaches to residential and commercial construction.
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative® – Our wood windows have achieved chain of custody plant certification from the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®), which means that we have a tracking system in place that identifies the amount of certified, uncertified and recycled content is in the forest products bought, used or sold.
- Locally Sourced – We build your windows and doors in the nearest facility and source our materials locally whenever possible, in order to reduce our carbon footprint and support local economies.
- Reduced VOCs – We are a leader in reducing volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, resulting in fewer toxins being emitted in the air in both the manufacturing process and the products in your home.
- Recycled Materials – Our vinyl windows meet the sustainability requirements for durability and also meet material conservation goals, as they are produced using up to 15 percent recycled vinyl waste.
We offer more glass options than you can imagine, from subtly textured to boldly colored. These options let you add individuality to our windows while increasing natural light and energy efficiency in your home.
- Energy Efficient Glass – Stay cool in summer, warm in winter, and protect furniture against fading from sunlight. Look for windows that are ENERGY STAR qualified for increased energy savings.
- Protective Glass – Your home should be protected from dangers such as storms, intruders, fire, loud noises and wear on the products. Selecting glass options such as impact resistant glass, tempered glass, sound reducing glass and options that protect the glass help accomplish these goals.
- Textured Glass - Add a distinctive touch to our windows with textured glass, which lets in light while maintaining privacy.
- Tinted Glass – Our tinted glass is ideal for climates with intense sunlight. It reduces glare and visible light transmittance.
- Decorative Glass - This glass will brighten your home without compromising privacy. With all the decorative glass designs we offer, there is sure to be one to match your home's architectural style.
Care & Maintenance
Our windows are designed to deliver reliable performance and they will endure for many years to come with the proper care and maintenance. Please review this information to learn how to properly care for your windows.
View our Care & Maintenance Guides
It is vital to correctly install and finish our windows, so we've provided instructions to help you. If you are not sure of your window model, search for it on the website or contact Customer Support.
View our Installation Instructions
As part of our continued commitment to quality, we back our windows with the best warranties in the industry. These warranties are very important and vary depending on products and options selected. Correct installation is also key. When installing products, you need to pay careful attention to making sure the windows are correctly installed and maintained or the warranty could be voided. Review the warranty for installation requirements, transferability and repair and replacement labor.
View our Warranty Information