Only JELD-WEN makes wood windows, patio doors and door frames with solid AuraLast — The wood that does not rot!
AuraLast is JELD-WEN’s proprietary water-based wood protection process. Unlike traditional chemical dip-treatments that only coat a thin layer on the wood’s surface, AuraLast delivers virtually 100 percent surface-to-core protection. JELD-WEN wood windows, patio doors and door frames with AuraLast Wood can protect you from the expense, damage and inconvenience of decaying wood.
Because windows and doors are constantly exposed to various weather conditions—and moisture—wood rot can be an issue for homeowners everywhere. JELD-WEN wood windows and wood door frames made with AuraLast Wood are guaranteed not to rot for as long as you (the original homeowner) own and occupy your home. Have a look at our limited warranty for windows or our limited warranty for doors. You'll be glad you did.
Lighthouses, situated in harsh marine environments, are excellent places to test the reliability of our 100 percent wood AuraLast products. JELD-WEN Wood Windows with AuraLast Wood are featured in four historic lighthouses — in Oregon, Maryland, Wisconsin and Louisiana — and continue to perform reliably and beautifully.
Virtually 100% Surface to Core Protection
AuraLast Wood is the result of years of research and development. JELD-WEN developed a proprietary vacuum-pressure process to distribute the protective ingredients into the core of the wood for virtually 100% surface-to-core protection against wood rot. AuraLast also protects against termites and water saturation—two important considerations for homeowners.
Other manufacturers dip-treat their wood components in a solvent-based chemical bath, which only protects the surface. Consequently, the treatment's effectiveness can be compromised when the surface is milled, sanded or subjected to the rigors of weather.
- AuraLast protects against wood rot. AuraLast Wood achieved the highest performance levels to withstand wood rot as measured by the Window and Door Manufacturing Association (WDMA) industry standard. (WDMA T.M. 1 Soil Block test, AWPA E9-97 and AWPA E10-91)
- AuraLast protects against subterranean termites. Termites cause billions of dollars of damage to homes in the United States every year. AuraLast simply repels termites in the first place. The same vacuum-pressure manufacturing process that protects windows against wood rot also protects against termites, so there’s no need for additional treatments in order to keep your wood windows worry-free. (Tested to highest levels of performance as measured by AWPA E1-97 standard method for laboratory evaluation to determine resistance to subterranean termites.)
- AuraLast protects against water saturation. AuraLast Wood offers superior resistance to water and protects wood against swelling. This helps prevent the door or window from sticking so it will open and close easily regardless of weather conditions. (Far exceeds the requirements of WDMA IS-4, T.M. 2 Swellometer Test as measured by anti-swelling efficiency.)
JELD-WEN Window and wood door frames made with AuraLast Wood also maintain their structural integrity even in the toughest climates, and are guaranteed not to rot for as long as you (the original homeowner) own the home.
Don't settle for anything less.
See warranties for full details.
AuraLast Wood is manufactured in the United States.
AuraLast Wood - applied stain and clear coated
AuraLast Wood offers the strength and beauty of real wood because it is 100 percent real wood.
- COLOURLESS: The protective water-based solution process does not alter the colour of the wood’s natural beauty.
- ODORLESS: The protective water-based solution process does not create offensive odors unlike harsh solvent-based treatment methods.
STAINABLE: AuraLast Wood can be stained to match any wood tone or colour application and no pre-sealers are needed.
- NATURAL: AuraLast Wood is all natural wood and is much easier to work with on the job site than certain composites or PVC materials.
Our water-based solution is safe to handle compared to much harsher, solvent-based treatments.
- 96% fewer Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are released during the manufacturing process than traditional solvent-based dip-treatment methods.
- Durable, long-lasting products mean less waste, fewer replacements, and more efficient use of our natural resources.
Environmental stewardship is important to us. JELD-WEN is proud to be a board-level member of the Green Building Initiative (GBI) and voting member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).