JELD-WEN Doubles Up On Style And Performance With Custom Wood Double-Hung Windows
February 07, 2012
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. – JELD-WEN has turned up the style and performance on its Custom Wood Double-Hung Window line making it ideal for a wide variety of building projects, especially historic renovation.
With attention to details that make a big difference, these enhancements offer builders, architects and homeowners streamlined design, convenience and safety for one of the industry’s most popular styles of windows. JELD-WEN’s Custom Wood Double-Hung Window enhancements include:
- Concealed jambliner: As a standard option, JELD-WEN has covered the interior jambliner (exposed track) with matching interior wood species and finish, delivering a cleaner, more historically accurate design.
- Concealed tilt latch: This enhancement delivers both a stylish look and maximum convenience. It allows the window to tilt for easy cleaning while achieving a design pressure (DP) rating of up to 50. With one hand operation and a clean lock rail appearance, the concealed tilt latch also is a new standard feature and available in 10 different finish options.
- Larger bottom rail: With this classic architectural detail available as an option, the heftier 3-1/2? bottom rail provides style substance that also helps highlight the beautiful wood species available through JELD-WEN.
- Window Opening Control (WOC) device: Designed to meet the latest safety codes, the WOC limits the bottom sash opening to four inches for controlled ventilation. The device can be released for full operation and automatically resets the next time the window is opened. This factory-installed solution is available in the same hardware colors and as an option for all of JELD-WEN’s wood window lines including Custom, Siteline EX, Tradition Plus and Builders.
- “Double-hung windows have always been popular and with these enhancements, JELD-WEN offers a best in class solution,” said Rick Abel, product marketing manager. “Performance, beauty and exceptional reliability make this window a great choice for homeowners, builders and architects.”